Sunday 3 June 2007

Sunday Night (Training day 29)

Home at 9.30 after a weekend away, and jumped on the bike for a quick run round Dorking and surrounding areas. I feel that I was missing my bike over the weekend, perhaps too close a relatonship is developing. Should talk to my pertner about this ... maybe not until after the tour is over. After only 11 miles, it was really too dark to continue. But this was enough to take my total training log to 600 miles.

Had to pack the bike up tonight, as I'm leaving it back at Evans Cycles for servicing and collection tomorrow. Bike Adventures have arranged for a courier to collect and deliver the bike to LAnds End for me ... saving me the hassle of arranging bikes on trains and planes.

And finally the blogsite is fully up to date. I'm now writing in real time rather than transcribing words from other sources relating to training over the last few weeks. One week to go before the big start, I plan to leave the site in capable hands for updating while I'm on tour.

Training summary: 11 miles today, 605 miles total

No comments: